Friday, April 16, 2010

Landons growing......






















I know that I have blogged about several different things but I am going to talk about my baby Landon. As some of you know that he had a rough start. I was induced 5 weeks early due to severe preeclampsia. He was due on July 7 and was born June 3. He was born and literally I got to hold him for two minutes and he was gone. He spent two weeks in the NICU and I had to watch him from the tv in my room and that was when other families didnt ask for the camera. No matter how tired I was I would not sleep til they took the camera away. I was so excited to get to go to the nursery after 24 hours after delivery. I was not allowed to see him until I was off the magnesium. It was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do was leave the hospital without my baby. I couldnt imagine ever having to do that but I had to this time. Landon could not breath on his own. He could not eat more than just a couple of ml. I was so afraid that he would not make it. He was born with the cord around his neck and was blue and then taken immediately after I got to look at him and then I had to leave him hooked up to machines and in the care of someone else. That is the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. I was wondering how he would turn out since his beginning was so rough. He has turned out to be the happiest baby you have ever seen. He has had it a little rough but you could never tell by his attitude. He is all smiles. He does have respiratory issues. He has Reactive Airway Disease. It isnt as serious as it sound but it requires alot of breathing treatments when it is cold and flu season. He was up to 6 treatments a day at one point. He is turning out to be one of the best babies ever. He is the youngest kid of four and he cries the least. He hardly ever cries unless it comes to food. That is how you know he is a true Goodin. Food is important to him. Did I mention that he is a blue eyed red headed child. This is my last baby and in about 6 weeks he will be celebrating his first birthday. It will be my last first birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Landon is such a sweet baby! I love all of his smiles!

    ReplyDelete